Party Wall Agreements

Bartley West Chartered Surveyors offer Party Wall Agreements across the South of England. 

Party Wall


Party walls usually separate buildings belonging to different owners ie. in a semi detached or terraced house but could include garden walls built astride a boundary – known as party fence walls.

Where a wall separates two different sized buildings, often only the part that is used by both properties is a party wall, the rest belonging to the person or persons on whose land it stands.

Party Wall

Do I need a Party Wall Agreement?

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 came into force to bring a process to potential disputes in such matter. Homeowners in England and Wales now have a procedure to follow when building work involves a party wall or party fence wall, some excavations close to neighbouring buildings, and new walls at boundaries. If a dispute arises the Act states that party wall surveyors are to be appointed to resolve the matter.

We accept appointments in some areas that we cover as Surveyor for the Building Owner, the Adjoining Owner or as Joint Surveyor as defined under the Party Wall Etc. Act 1996

Let's work together

Why Bartley West?

Bartley West Limited have been specialist residential valuers across the South since 2012 and all valuations are undertaken only by a fully qualified MRICS RICS Registered Valuer with the knowledge and expertise needed to undertake the work for you. We provide our advice to you in a way that is clear, easy to understand, compliant with requirements and delivered within your required timescales.

Useful documents

Sample Report


Survey Description

HBR description

Terms of Engagement

HBR description

Get your Party Wall Agreement quote

If you need Party Wall advice, do get in touch whether by phone, email or via our online forms. Whilst we offer online services with instant quotes for speed and efficiency, our friendly team are on the other end of the phone or email if you have queries or want to talk the process through.

Scroll to Top