Residential services

Bartley West Chartered Surveyors & Valuers are a specialist valuation surveying firm providing Home-owners, Purchasers, Housing Associations, Local Authorities, Businesses and Individuals Valuations and Homebuyer Surveys day in, day out across the South of England.

Residential Surveys

RICS Home Surveys

RICS Level 2 (Homebuyer) Report

A RICS Level 2 Survey will provide you with a detailed description of the current state and condition of the property you are buying. It is recommended by the RICS for properties that are “fairly standard and potentially in need of some attention”.

RICS Level 3 (Building) Report

A RICS Level 3 Survey can provide a more detailed level of reporting that a RICS HomeBuyer Report. This is more suitable for non-standard properties, historical properties or those needing extensive works.

Specific Defect Survey

We provide reports to individuals, home owners or for the Courts as Independent Experts investigating the cause of a specific defect. 

Snagging Survey

A Snagging Survey is a new build pre-purchase survey which will cover defects in the property before you buy.

RICS Registered Valuers

RICS Valuations

Shared Ownership

Shared ownership valuations are required if you have bought a home using a shared ownership scheme and are now wishing to sell or purchase more shares (known as Staircasing).

Help to Buy/ Equity Loan

If you enrolled in an equity loan either with the Help to Buy Scheme, a Housing Association, Developer or Private Corporation and you wish to redeem this loan, then you will need to instruct the services of a RICS Registered Valuer to independently value the property.


We understand that if you are needing this service, that there will be a multitude of considerations for you but the property valuation can be one less thing to worry about when passed to Bartley West Limited.


We can help provide valuations for both Inheritance and Capital Gains tax purposes. 

Right To Buy

We provide Right to Buy and Right to Acquire valuations on behalf of the Local Authority (Council) or Housing Association as well as tenants. 

Get a quote today

If you need any of our services, do get in touch whether by phone, email or via our online forms. Whilst we offer online services with instant quotes for speed and efficiency, our friendly team are on the other end of the phone or email if you have queries or want to talk the process through.

Scroll to Top